Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend (Part 2)

Easter morning, Brad and I woke up and went to church. Brad got up a little earlier and headed to worship practice, since he was playing drums that morning. He really is a good drummer and continues to get better and better over time. It's interesting to me that he had never once had a professional drum lesson - completely self taught. I'll have to get some pictures of him sometime...he looks pretty cute behind a drum kit. :)

Anyways, I woke up and, truthfully, worked. Sunday mornings are like work for me - finding substitute teachers for last minute Sunday school call-ins, etc. Overall, it was a good service and I received LOTS of compliments about my "amazing husband." The people at Wildewood really appreciate him and his skills. He has even been given the nickname "Animal" by some of the church members. Recognize the Muppets character they are referring to? --->
We were blessed with the presence of Cheryl and Wayne (Brad's mom and stepdad) at the service and I know Brad was happy that they came. It was good to see them, if even for a little bit!

After church, Brad and I headed over to my parents' house for Easter lunch with my dad's side of the family. It was a lot of fun - seeing lots of family and holding lots of babies! They were all so cute! Of course, I am personally a little partial to one baby in particular. His name is Cooper and he has red hair. :) He's getting very big and starting to really focus on you when you talk to him. He's smiling and cooing...I love him.



To the right is a picture of Uncle Brad - not too excited that Cooper's going #2 while in his arms. :) Ha! Little Stinker!
Photos of the family!


Brad hung out with this little guy for quite a while. Noah is my cousin Jacquelyn's little boy - such a happy baby. You may remember seeing pictures of him from this earlier post. It's so cute to see how much he's changed in these 4 months!

Overall, our Easter weekend was very good, but exhausting in the same right. We are ready to relax! We have a few mini-adventure trips planned for May, so we're gearing up for those and looking forward to the time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment