Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Amazing Flying Dog

Last Sunday, Brad and I went to Lincoln to spend some time with some of his closest friends. We asked his friend Clayton, who also lives in Omaha if he wanted to ride with us. Brad and Clayton had spent a few hours after church getting homemade dough, homemade sauce, and all the fixins' for Brad's yummy pizza ready to serve. They packed it all up and we headed to his friend Gene and Whitney's house. We arrived in Lincoln and Brad and Clayton got to work, put the pizzas together, and popped in them in the oven.

While they did that, I pretty much just played with Gene and Whitney's 2 year old son, William and held their adorable, smiley 9 month old, Henry. I was pretty upset that I forgot to get a picture of them, because they really are adorable kids...like the kind of kids who should be in commercials...seriously. :)

Anyways, after dinner, Gene asked if we wanted to come with him to the park while he ran his dogs through some practice drills. Brad had told me that he trained dogs and was really talented. I must be honest...I was kind of skeptical. I thought, "Wow, impressive...he can teach dogs how to sit and stay." Boy was I wrong...

When we all got out of the car, Gene had a vest on. I asked what that was for and he said, "So I don't get scratched up when the dogs jump off of me." WHAT?!?!? Gene has two dogs, Mabel and Bandit, whom he has trained to do really cool frisbee tricks. They were amazing! I could've watched him work with his dogs for hours! I couldn't believe how incredibly smart they are and how enthusiastic the dogs were to do it!



You can seen Gene at Vala's Pumpkin Patch this season, as he was hired to do shows there with his dogs - whose stage names are Air Bandit and The Magnificent Mabel! Their schedule for October is...

Fridays: 
5pm and 7pm
Saturdays: 
11am, 2pm, 5pm, and 7pm
Sundays: 
11am, 2pm, and 5pm


I hope you all can make it out to see Gene and his amazing dogs - you will be impressed! :)

2 comments: