Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Why yes, my husband is a dork.

Brad is by far the most interesting person I've ever met. He is weird and has lots of funny quirks. For example, on any given day when Brad takes off his shoes, there's about a 99% chance that his socks don't match. Admittedly, it's one of the most endearing thing about him. :)

Anyways, one of his other quirks is the obsessive care taking of his leather boots - seriously, he polishes them about once a week and gets slightly grumpy if he scuffs them. He had 2 pairs (brown and black) that he wore to work pretty much daily. Last year during the snowy/icy season, his black pair got pretty banged up. I think it was a mixture of the moisture, salt, chemicals, etc. from winter. When Brad and I got engaged, he told me that he needed a new pair of black boots to wear with his suit. After much persuasion, I obliged and he got a new pair of black Kenneth Cole boots. The price tag made me want to throw up, but I have to admit that they really were very nice. He didn't wear them until the day of our wedding (that was our deal). But, now that said wedding is over, he wears them to work.

As winter set in with snow, rain, etc., Brad insisted that he would take better care of these boots and ensure that winter didn't ruin them. Enter the plastic bags. If Brad forgets to bring tennis shoes with him to wear to and from work, he wraps plastic bags around his shoes. It's quite a sight and if you're anything like me, you'll laugh hysterically if you ever get to see it in real life. :) I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment